This event is now over
This two-day course provides an overview of the issues when transitioning from cash-basis accounting or modified cash-basis to the accruals-basis IPSASs. The course focuses on all aspects of change management from an accountant’s and auditor’s perspective, illustrated with real-world examples. Issues and examples are illustrated through the use of short case studies, questions and quizzes.
This program answers questions such as:
· What are common issues related to the first IPSAS compliant financial statements?
· How to prepare opening balance under IPSAS?
· What specific issues are there regarding comparative figures?
· What is the audit issues related to the movement to IPSAS-compliant financial statements?
· What guidance is available?
· What legal and organizational issues are most commonly related to the implementation of IPSAS and what are the lessons learned?
· Understanding of basic accounting principles based on any national standards in the public sector.
· Knowledge of the related course IPSAS Milestone 2 or 3 is highly recommended.
· No advance preparation is required for this course.
· Common issues related to a change in accounting systems – Change Management
· Human Resources
· Legal aspects
· Accounting Issues: Accounting policies and Accounting Manuals
· Audit issues
· United States of America
· United Kingdom
· New Zealand
· United nations
· European Community
· United Nations (several agencies)
· Comparative Studies
· Understand the issues when moving to cash-basis or modified-cash to accruals-basis IPSASs.
This course is especially interesting for:
· Any professional in a Finance Position in the Public Sector.
This two days course is eligible for 12 CPE Credits.
We are a global training, audit and consulting company, dedicated to give first-class international trainings to professionals. We constantly improve and develop our trainings based on the feedback we get and new developments happening around the globe. Started off in March 2009 we have become a strong provider in a niche market.
Our firm is dedicated and specialized in providing training courses and consultancy services, across the globe. We offer public courses on International Public Sector Accounting Standards (IPSAS), audit, financial accounting, fraud, as well as tailor-made in-house trainings and public courses.
In our consulting engagements we always find it key to transfer knowledge; we have excellent skills to work with people of different cultural backgrounds and education. This is what we find important when working on a project: learn from all participants and transfer knowledge to make a lasting improvement and obtain sustainable results.
We don’t believe in investing huge amounts in bricks and overhead; our key asset is our staff. We therefore invest most in training materials; evaluate each and every training thoroughly to have it updated as soon as it needs to be delivered again. This has been our strongest asset and has been recognized by our clients.
As a company, and as individuals, we value integrity, honesty, openness, personal excellence, constructive self-criticism, continual self-improvement, and mutual respect. We are committed to our customers and partners and have a passion for training.
We take on the big challenges, and pride ourselves on seeing them through and develop our trainings. We hold ourselves accountable to our customers, shareholders, partners, and employees by honoring our commitments, providing results, and striving for the highest quality and ethics. If this means we may have to refuse a prospect or discontinue our relationship, we will accept this at all cost and effort.
We believe in global market with local presence, that is why we continuously seek for local partnerships. Our people and our clients define what we can do and how we show do it.
We believe that training is not only about the exchange of knowledge, between both the facilitator and the delegates, but also a unique opportunity to meet likeminded professionals. Our training experiences therefore differentiate with other courses, by including:
· A full set of contact details of all delegates (unless delegates have indicated not to share).
· A photo-session of all delegates.
· All our courses are eligible for CPE-credits, based on our course descriptions and certificates issued, as endorsed by the Royal Netherlands Institute of Chartered Accountants.
· All our courses are located in known branded locations such as Marriott, Best Western, Novotel, Hilton or Golden Tulip.
· Apart from lunches during the training sessions, we offer one complimentary dinner with all the delegates on the last day.
· Our courses include one social event, varying on the location and season.
· All delegates receive soft copies of all materials on a personal USB-flash drive, apart from a course binder and an international reference or exercise book.
· All delegates of an IPSAS course receive a complimentary copy of the current IPSAS Handbook issued by the IPSAS Board.
· Our public courses have a maximum of 12 delegates.
· We always have two facilitators to conduct our highly interactive courses, irrespective the size of the training group.
· All our courses are updated after having received the feedback and based on current developments.
Kamhall Jhangiani, 00919833740760, firstname.lastname@example.org
May 01, 2013 — 9:00 am to
May 02, 2013 — 6:00 pm
Dubai, United Arab Emirates